We’re happy to see that you’re about to write an article for MeetJune. Here you can share your experiences, culture, city, and way of life with our global community. For hosts this is a great tool to enrich their profile and get more bookings in. Travelers at the other hand use our blog for inspiration and to share the things they’ve seen and done during their trip.
Below we outline where to find and how My Articles works:
- Login to your account
- Click on your profile name or profile picture in the top-right corner. In the menu that unfolds you click on Dashboard
- In the left column you see My Articles.
What topics are we looking for?
In general, we are looking for articles around the below categories – as they relate to our platform:
- Experiences that you’ve organized or attended
- Articles related to meals, homestays or activities
- Articles related to: food scene, drinks and nightlife, sightseeing, parks and nature, arts and culture, shopping, entertainment, activities and getting around.
Guidelines for submitting your article:
- Read our blog. Develop a sense of what we’re looking for.
- Login to your account, go to your Dashboard and then click on My Articles, here you have the option to create and send your article for approval.
- Please submit your own original work. We’re looking for content with in-depth information.
- Optimize the length of your article. Make sure your articles have a minimum of 300 words. If your article is too long though, it might scare away readers. So try to stop at around 700 words.
- A picture’s worth a thousand words. If you want to turn visitors into readers, using clear well taken pictures is very important.
- Please resize your images to:
Featured image – 1920/540
Thumbnail – 355/……
Main body full width – 868/……
- Observe any copyright or usage restrictions regarding images, obtain permission for use, and cite the source of your image.
Elementary writing tips for good articles:
- Write down the structure of your article. Every article should have:
- Some sort of introduction (in which you introduce your topic)
- A body (in which the main message is written)
- A conclusion
- Use paragraphs. Everybody uses paragraphs, but make sure to use paragraphs that make sense. Do not start a new sentence on a new line, just because it looks nice. There should be a reason for making a new paragraph.
- Use headings. Headings structure the entire page, so we advise you to use headings. They’re important for readability and SEO. Headings help Google to grasp the main topics of an article and therefore can help in your ranking. If you want people to find their way in your articles, you should use subheadings.
What we won’t accept:
- Links in a post are welcome, but must be non-promotional and relevant to the post. We do not allow links to your company’s website and/or social media page.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals, companies or countries
- Anything that’s considered off-topic posts or spam will be declined, and may result in your account being banned.