When a host doesn’t have availability on a specific date you can send him/her a request for availability. In order to request availability you:
- Go to the experience page of the host
- You hit the yellow ‘Request Availability’ button
- You select the date on which you want to book the experience
- You fill in your full name and email address
- And you leave a message in which you inform the host about the details of your request such as the preferred time on which the experience should take place and the amount of people that will participate in the experience
- You then click on ‘Send Request’
We'll send your request along to the host. The host will then have an opportunity to respond and/or add your requested date to his calendar so that you can book the experience. You will be notified via ‘Notifications’ and email as soon as a host replied to your request.
As a host you will be notified via ‘Notifications’, email and you can view all your availability requests in the following way:
- Login to your account
- Click on your avatar and then on ‘My Experiences’
- Click on the blue square (just below ‘Edit’) for which you received a request
- Click on ‘Availability’ and then scroll all the way down to ‘Availability Requests’
- The requests that still need to be answered are marked as ‘Response Required’. You can simply reply to each request by clicking on the arrow (below ‘Action’)
- You then have 2 options: a) I have availability for the requested date or b) I don’t have availability for the requested date. You can leave a personal message as well. If you have availability we advise you to first add the requested date to your calendar before replying to a request
If you have availability, you’ve added the requested date to your calendar and you’ve replied to the request, a traveler will be able to book your experience.